These are the standard terms and conditions Homelnfo UK Limited which is registered in England and Wales with company number 05035207 whose registered office is at Griffins Court, 24-32 London Road, Newbury RG14 1JX.
- The service provider is Homelnfo UK Limited (“Homelnfo”).
- The Applicant is the individual, organisation, or appointed officer of said organisation placing a request with HomeInfo.
- The Third Party Provider is any organisation from which HomeInfo obtains data and/or information on behalf of the Applicant in the normal course of fulfilling the Applicant's request.
- The request is a formal request lodged by the Applicant with HomeInfo to retrieve specific data and/or information.
- The placing of a request by the Applicant with Homelnfo confirms acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any order form produced by Homelnfo, either printed or published on the Homelnfo website, is an invitation to treat. The Applicant makes an offer to buy from Homelnfo by the submission of a request, subject to Clause 2(vi).
- Homelnfo reserves the right to refuse any request.
- Homelnfo reserves the right to cancel any request at any time.
- The Applicant is not required to use an Homelnfo order form when submitting a request. Homelnfo cannot be held responsible for errors or omissions arising from requests submitted in a format other than an order form, including, but not limited to illegible text; vague or imprecise instructions; incomplete or incorrect information.
- Acceptable modes of transmission for a request are facsimile, telephone, electronic mall, online transmission via the Homelnfo website only using CONVEYIT, Document Exchange (DX), Royal Mall, or courier appointed by the Applicant.
- Proof of transmission of a request by the Applicant does not constitute proof of receipt by Homelnfo.
- Should the Applicant submit a duplicate request, in whole or in part, even for an intentional purpose including but not limited to confirmation or pre-payment, then Homelnfo is not liable for any resultant fees, taxes and disbursements If the Applicant has not clearly indicated that the request is a duplication. The Applicant remains liable for such fees, taxes and disbursements unless and until Homelnfo expressly agrees in writing that they be waived.
3 Information on Requests and Results
- It is the responsibility of the Applicant to ensure the accuracy of all data and/or information provided to Homelnfo as part of the request, induding, but not limited to, names, numbers, addresses, location plans, and boundary plans.
- Homelnfo may request additional relevant data and/or information from the Applicant in the course of fulfilling a request, induding, but not limited to, names, numbers, addresses, location plans, and boundary plans.
- Homelnfo may request clarification of data and/or information supplied by the Applicant.
- If, subsequent to Clause 3(ii) and/or Clause 3(iii), requested data and/or information is not provided and/or clarified, Homelnfo cannot be held responsible for any resultant loss or delay.
- If, subsequent to Clause 3(ii) and/or Clause 3(iii), requested data and/or information is not provided and/or clarified within a reasonable period, Homelnfo reserves the right to cancel the request in whole or in part. The Applicant remains liable for all fees, taxes and disbursements accrued prior to the cancellation.
4 Third Parties and Subcontractors
- Homelnfo will, in the process of fulfilling the request, retrieve data and/or information from appropriate third parties.
- Homelnfo reserves the right to subcontract data and/or information retrieval to selected organisations and/or individuals.
- Homelnfo is not required to reveal the identity of its subcontractors.
- Homelnfo cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of data and/or information provided by third parties.
- Subcontractors cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of data and/or information provided by third parties.
- The request is fulfilled when all data and/or information requested by the Applicant has been retrieved by Homelnfo and delivered to the Applicant by themethod referred to in Clause 5(iv).
- The Applicant may add to the Request at any time, subject to Clause 5(i).
- Data and/or information requested by the Applicant after the request has beenfulfilled as described in Clause 5(i) constitutes a new request.
- The Applicant will receive the retrieved data and/or information by DocumentExchange (DX), Royal Mall, or courier appointed by Homelnfo (Normal Delivery). Additional Delivery by Facsimile or Electronic Mail may be requested. Alternative Delivery arrangements are at the discretion of Homelnfo.
- Homelnfo is not responsible for any loss or misdelivery of retrieved data and/or information caused by failure of Document Exchange (DX) or Royal Mail. Most retrieved data and/or information is archived by Homelnfo and a copy may be requested by the Applicant. Homelnfo is unable to archive certain data and/or information; on such occasions, Homelnfo reserves the right to treat the request as a new Request.
6 Costs and Fees
- Normal delivery (or alternative delivery at the discretion of Homelnfo) is accompanied by an itemised invoice for the work undertaken. The Applicant agrees to provide Homelnfo with remuneration for the full amount shown on the itemised invoice, including all fees, taxes and disbursements.
- Where possible, the Applicant will receive advance notice of the cost of the
request prior to receipt of the itemised invoice.
- Additional fees, taxes and disbursements may arise during the course of data
and/or information retrieval, over and above advance notice costs referred to
in Clause 6(ii). The Applicant is liable for any such additional costs. Where
possible, the Applicant is notified of additional costs prior to fulfilment of the
- The Applicant shall pay in advance of receipt of the itemised invoice. The
Applicant remains liable for any underpayment.
- Any overpayment on the part of the Applicant will be refunded. Arrangements
for refunds are agreed on a case-by-case basis, through discussion between
Homelnfb and the Applicant.
7 Cancellation of Requests
- The Applicant may cancel the request in whole or in part at any time prior to
fulfilment of the request as described in Clause 5(i).
- If the Applicant cancels the request in whole or in part, the Applicant remains
liable for all fees, taxes and disbursements already accrued prior to the
cancellation of which the Applicant had advance notice.
- Publication of fees, taxes and disbursements on the Homelnfo website
constitutes advance notice for the purposes of Clause 6(ii).
8 PCCB and Compliance with Search Code
- Homelnfo is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) as
a subscriber to its Search Code (“Search Code”).
- Homelnfo certifies that it will comply with the Search Code and that it will seek
to abide by its spirit as well as its express provisions.
- The Search Code logo will be displayed clearly on the front of all compliant
- Homelnfo will always aim to act with integrity, and carry out work with due skill,
care and diligence in line with the regulations specified by the Search Code.
- All staff employed by Homelnfo will be trained to compile retail property
searches with thoroughness and diligence in line with the commitments set out
in the Search Code.
- Homelnfo will monitor the performance of staff on a regular basis.
- All data and information is handled with integrity, in accordance with data
protection legislation and protecting copyright and intellectual property rights.
- The most up-to-date available information and risks associated with the
property from the sources consulted will be included in any report produced by
- Base search results will only be completed on legitimate sources: either a
physical examination of public records; a response from an official entitled to
provide the information; HomeInfo’s own current records; or commercially
- Homelnfo will state clearly any report what specific sources of information have
been searched and how the information was obtained; what additional sources
of information may be available and where and how it may be obtained; and,
where required information is unobtainable.
- Homelnfo wiil retain records of all search reports for a minimum of six years.
- Homelnfo will maintain professional indemnity and run-off cover insurance, as
prescribed by the PCCBin consultation with the search industry.
- In all instances Homelnfo will aim to conduct business in an honest, fair and
- Homelnfo aims to handle complaints speedily and fairly in accordance with the
rules set out by the PCCB. Please see Clause 9 (Complaints).
- On a regular basis Homelnfo will ensure it is compliant with relevant legislation
and guidance issued under the Search Code, as well as the registration rules
and standards specified by the PCCB.
- To ensure compliance with the Search Code, Homelnfo has nominated a Code
Compliance Officer who will formally audit compliance with the Search Code at
least once a year.
- At any reasonable time Homelnfo wiil readily facilitate and comply fully with an
inspection undertaken by the PCCB.
- A key commitment under the Search Code is that firms will handle any
complaints both speedily and fairly.
- Any complaint made will be acknowledged within 5 working days of receipt.
- HomeInfo will normally deal with a complaint fully, and provide a final response
in writing, within 20 working days of receipt.
- HomeInfo will keep the complainant informed by letter, telephone or e-mail if
more time is needed with a complaint.
- A final response wiil be supplied, in writing, at the latest within 40 working
days of receipt where possible.
- HomeInfo will liaise, at the complainant’s request, with anyone acting formally
on the complainant’s behalf.
- Complaints should be sent to: Mr David Brown, CEO, Homelnfo UK Limited,
Wyvols Court, Swallowfield, Reading RG7 1WY Tel: 01656 762 289,
- If the complainant is not satisfied with HomeInfo’s final response, or if
HomeInfo exceeds the response timescales set out above, the complainant
may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman scheme, Milford
House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP, Tel: 01722
333306, Website: www.tpcg.couk, E-mall: firstname.lastname@example.org. HomeInfo
will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and
comply with his final decision.
10 Right to amend Terms and Conditions
- No variation by the Applicant to these Terms and Conditions is effective
unless and until Homelnfo expressly agrees in writing.
- Homelnfo reserves the right to alter these Terms and Conditions as
appropriate, without notice, at any time. Such amended Terms and
Conditions will become effective upon publication on Homelnfo’s website.
- These Terms and Conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive
jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Download Terms and Conditions here